I used to get sad sometimes when we would have spaghetti and my husband would dump (and I mean dump) parmesan cheese all over the top of his and I would have, well, nothing. I’m a firm believer that spaghetti needs something on top and I think I may have found my dairy-free answer. You can use this on more than spaghetti of course. I love it sprinkled over roasted veggies or even over a toasted baguette with vegan butter or olive oil. The possibilities are endless. This Super Parm gives you all the flavor of parmesan and then some, and the texture is very similar.
Kitchen tools you’ll need…
Small sealed jar or container to store in fridge
Combing all your ingredients in a food processor and pulse on high until the consistency is very fine. You are now ready to sprinkle!
You can modify this however you like and add or subtract spices depending on what you’re using it for. This recipe was adapted from Hot for Food Cookbook by Lauren Toyota.
Store the Super Parm in a sealed jar or container for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. Use to top pasta, vegetables, bread, or anything you like.
Nutty and Flavorful
Sprinkle over anything
Fresh and homemade
Packed with vitamins
- Cashews provide tryptophan which alters and elevates your mood
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt increases your mineral intake and regulates your blood sugar
- Nutritional Yeast protects your body from free radical damage
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Pulse on high until a very fine parmesan like consistency is reached.