My husband loves this snack. It is so very satisfying and is completely oil-free and gluten-free! There is something about the fact that potatoes being involved that makes it feel like a full meal. Eat a whole bowl for dinner and you will be full and happy. Bring it to a party or have it as an appetizer when company comes and everyone will rave about it. It’s just that simple and lovely. The fresh, chunky guacamole and the seasoned potatoes do not disappoint.
Kitchen tools you will need…
First step – start the potatoes
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and thinly slice up one big russet potato leaving the skin on.
Once you have the potatoes sliced, lay them flat on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. You should be able to fit them all on one pan. It’s okay if some of them are touching. Then sprinkle them with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. You really only need to season one side. You’ll see when they’re done that they are very well seasoned and flavorful. Put them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Then flip them all and put them in for an additional 10 minutes. Watch them closely toward the end because all ovens differ a bit and you don’t want them to burn, just get crispy.
Meanwhile – make your guacamole
While the potatoes are cooking you can chop up all the veggies for the guacamole.
They really do look so colorful and pretty together don’t they?
Now mix everything together. Make sure to squeeze some lime juice and add some salt at the end. This is where plants become art. The colors when put all together are so vivid and enticing.
Sprinkle with extra cilantro and lime if desired. If you make this, I’d love to hear about it! It would be a great app for an Easter dinner. Do you think your family would enjoy it? It’s certainly a snack you will not regret eating!
If not serving immediately cover dip with plastic wrap and press plastic wrap directly onto dip, not just over the bowl, so the avocado will be protected from the air and won’t turn brown. Store potato chips separately from dip.
Creamy and chunky
Spicy and crunchy
Citrusy and fresh
Gluten-free and Oil-free
Perfect for appetizer or light meal
- Potatoes are a great source of vitamin B6 and potassium
- Avocados lower cholesterol and triglycerides
- Jalapeños can help with migraine headache relief
- Cilantro helps rid the body of heavy metals
- Limes stimulate digestion and help saliva break down food
Guacamole with Potato Dippers
- 1 large russet potato skin on, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 ripe avocados chopped
- 1 roma tomato finely chopped
- 2 tsp red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and minced
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- extra lime and cilantro for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Slice potatoes and lay flat in single layer on sheet pan lined with parchment paper
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, and salt over potato slices evenly
- Bake for 15 minutes then flip and bake for 10 additional minutes. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- While potatoes are baking combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix with a fork until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Add salt to taste and garnish with extra lime and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with potatoes on the side for dipping.